Friday, January 2, 2009

When asked to name the one person absent from her life that she missed the most, she responded, "The person I hoped I'd be by this point in my life."

I know in my heart of hearts that there are "good guys" left in the world, but with every passing day the chance finding one seems to slip through my hands. The problem isn't that I had an absentee father or an abusive uncle, but rather that I have an outstanding father who does everything he can to provide for his family and a older brother who treats me like an equal. And that is what makes it difficult for me to find a nice guy. I know that no one will ever live up to those expectations and that is incredibly frustrating. I hate the movies and the songs that say that everything will turn out fine and there's always a happy ending. I'm starting to question whether happy endings exist at all. And who defines a "happy ending"? I'm so tired of trying to figure it out most days....

1 comment:

  1. You define happy ending when you decide what will make you happy. It takes serious soul searching, but you're young. You'll find it. Making yourself happy has to come before finding someone to make you even happier.

    ReplyDelete