Wednesday, December 17, 2008

As much as I like being one of the guys, I would give anything for one of them to tell me I was pretty.

I know this girl. She's in love with being in love. She's got an addiction. An addiction to "love". Not the healthy kind of love, but the meaningless, physical "love". She once had sex with three different guys in a three day span, a different guy each day. And the void was still there, no matter what she did. She knows what she's doing is wrong. She knows what she's doing is dangerous. But she can't stop. Especially when she's recently broken up with a "boyfriend". She can be monogamous. She desires the consistency of an actual serious, long term relationship. She puts every bit of energy she has into making a doomed "relationship" work as best as it can. Many times to her own demise. And inevitably, it will fall apart around her and when the "relationship" ends, she relapses. I want to help her. I want to make a suggestion. But what can I do to help? I've looked into SLAA meetings in her area. I've mentioned them to her. She laughed at the "fact" that there are meetings for sex and love addicts. I guess Robert Palmer was onto something after all......

1 comment:

  1. This probably isn't the best post to comment on lightly, but daaaamn woman, you can write. Keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete